Saturday, August 6, 2011

August 6

My posts have been dull of late largely because I've been doing so much moving about. I'm too tired to put down anything thoughtful. Today is no exception. I spent a good day, but a full day, moving from Gaborone to Pretoria in South Africa. I think I'm going to like this place but for now all I could manage was to get here and find a place to sleep. I started at 7:30 a.m. with a taxi trip to the Gaborone bus depot. I found the minivan to Pretoria but it took four hours for us to get 12 souls to fill the bus. Once that was taken care of things went smoothly. The border crossing into South Africa was easy and we managed the trip to Pretoria in six leisurely hours. There's a spirit of comradery on those little buses that you don't get anywhere else.
I walked for about a half hour in Pretoria seeking a hotel mentioned in Lonely Planet. I never found the exact place but did stumble upon a decent bed & breakfast for $42/night. I expect to stay here for the remaining two days of my African adventures. I have some things to say about Botswana but I'm too spent to do it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment